Friday, June 23, 2017

Wedding Bells

 

No there aren't mine !!!!



 A friend from high school is getting married. This will be his second one. I myself have never been married, I am still looking for that dream girl I guess. I was in his first wedding. I have only met his fiancé only once she seemed very nice. I hope they have a long and happy life together. 


 For there wedding gift, my mother did a cross stich piece. I did a custom mat. So lets she how that
turned out. I started with some paper about 10 pieces. Some are photo paper, and some are butcher paper. I put paint down on glass. Then printed onto the paper from the glass. This is one of the pieces
I made onto photo paper.
After printing the piece off glass, I let it dry. Then spay mounted it
to black on, black mat board.

When that was dry I had to choose what piece to cut he mat board out of.
I had spray mounted two, one black and one white background.
I chose to try the black background first. There where issues as there
always are. The black on did not adhere at all. I had to spray glue it again.
After letting it dry I cut it to match the frame and the cross stich piece.



Above is the mat board cut and ready for framing. I know it looks simple and really it was.
It however took a lot of time, a few supplies. Of course there where issues. In the end I think it
looks great for all the problems I had. From bad spay glue, to not shaking the paint up properly.
It seems to have worked out.

Above is the cross stich piece my mom made, inside the mat. The frame isn't shown, it is just a simple black frame.

                                                                                                      Mo 

No comments:

Post a Comment