Thursday, June 8, 2017

I Came, I Saw, I Wanted, I Got





I try very hard, at everything I do. Its 110 percent. I give it may all unless I don't want to do it at all, I have normally have all the patience  in the world. I will wait till the cows come home, if that's what it takes. I usually get what ever it is I truly want. Not always but most the time. If I didn't get what I wanted did I really want it at all? Well I really wanted a CNC. I wasn't really Patience this time around. I am eager to learn. Not only about how to use a CNC, but how to build one. The building part seems a lot easier, then learning how to use one properly. I am taking no chances this time around, I will work night and day, for a year maybe longer if that how long it takes. I really think automation is the future. If I can learn this thing I can learn anything. I have taught myself many things. I have taught others a lot. I am no leader but I follow no one. I learn by doing, I learn with the help of my friends, that take the time to teach me what they know.





I can tell you this looks like its a little above my pay grade.
I bit harder then I wanted it to be.
But no harder then I expected.
 


But I am bound and determined to figure it out.
Come hell or high water.



With enough time and money anything is possible



While this maybe true, with enough heart
anything is possible too. While I may not have money,
probably not all that much time. I have a lot of heart.
Its them emotions that can make one fell so bad, feel so
 overwhelmed at times that can also help us conquer any
obstacle the universe put in front of us.
Emotions and bonds may make me a bit weak at times.
They also make me much stronger then most.   

Not everything turns out. While this test went well.
Its not perfect, lol. Its messed up. I at least tried.
And I will regroup and try again. This image is cut into mat board.
The CNC is apparently  out of tram. Its not level so to say.
The bit cut a bit of the mustache. I may have cut to deep?
Used the wrong kinda bit? Could be my feeds and speeds?
Time will give me these answers. Its all trial and error.


Not every thing goes belly up. Just because things don't go my way
at times that's no reason to get in a hissy fit.

I just have to start again.
The more I try the better I will get.
As this one isn't half bad.
I already have plans to use it.
I love digital things, you can rinse and repeat
till them cows come home. This is the same image
I cut into the saw blade by hand.
This one however is like 2.42 inches by 1.82 .
Or around 61mm by 46mm for you metric types.
Its pretty small. I think it did an ok job over all.
For a test I think I came out great.


Moving on to something harder. I by no means have anything figured out yet
I got it to cut, have only broke one bit so far. I think I'm doing rather well.
So I took the image below that I spent a while making. By the way below is
a highly manipulated image of yours truly.

I have no idea what I did to make it, its a bit blurry I know I used
a lot of the blur filter. But I took that image from above. Loaded it
in the software, ran the tool path, generated the gcode. Sent that to
the CNC, and I got this.

Ok it took a long time, far from great, but I am impressed. The file could use a bit of work.
Maybe someone else's picture as I'm not all that cute.
Its about 60mm by 60mm or so. Carving my artwork into wood, I have to say, that is
really awesome.  I'm getting older its harder to do the things I once did. So for me
this is great. Maybe I can adapt things to the 3d printer and print a few things in 3d, out of plastic.
The possibilities are endless.

 The only thing that holds you back is yourself.
I know this all to well. I will try harder to be better. Even if I have no idea what I'm doing.
The fact I tried, the fact I gave it my all, the fact I didn't give up
That's what counts for me.

I'm not sure, I'm good at anything
I don't need to be the best, I don't need to win,
Its only important that I try.

                                                                                                                    Mo
 




No comments:

Post a Comment