Thursday, July 10, 2014

The Art Must Go On



Not feeling so great today, maybe sinuses, we all hate them.  After sneezing for the last ten minutes, my head feels a little stuffy.  But as they say, the art must go on.

I have a new editor for my blog.  I'm not much of a writer.  My new editor is AG Handmades.  If you get a chance go read her blog. :-)  She is an excellent writer and wonderful with fiber arts (crochet).  But let's get on with it and show you some art. :-)

Shall we start with a sail boat.

I was asked to do something for a little boy.  I first tried using watercolors, and apparently, I am not so good at watercolors!  I then tried my own style of painting, with acrylics.  The background is a watercolor wash, but I used acrylics on top of that.



That was my first attempt at a sail boat, ever!

While there were several prints made, this is the only one I have left.  The better ones are all gone to other people now.  I just wanted to show some diversity in my style.  I mostly paint flowers; for 20 years, I've painted flowers, but I do paint other things too, and this is what I wanted to show.

The little baby the sailboat picture was made for ended up getting a digital version of the piece, because the actual paintings were too large, but it fitted the nautical theme of the little guy's new bedroom really well.

Digitally, it was fun to make.  I used three different sail boats in three different colors and played around with the images.  Most of the other sail boat prints are gone but I kept this one. It is on 18 x 24 inch watercolor paper.

The sailboat was unique for me, because I m not used to painting sailboats, I am used to painting the same flower, over and over again, but it is good to try new things.  That is how we learn and grow in our art.


From sail boats to wrapping paper. Yes, I do paint my own wrapping paper! It's not fun to wrap with but it's something no one else has on their presents.



The thing is, anybody can make hand-painted wrapping paper, you can even use butcher block paper.  It's not as easy to wrap with as regular wrapping paper, but it's all your own work!

It has been said that my wrapping paper is "unique", that is what I like - it's what I happened to have, and I used what I had.  Anyone can do the same, and the results will all be as unique as the next person's as everyone has their own style of expression.

Everyone might not be able to paint in my style, but everyone can paint in theirs.  The paper used for these presents was one hundred percent cotton rag paper. Most people have printer paper, so let's see your imaginations set free!  Let's see some unique wrapping paper!






Don't forget to check out AG Handmades! :)



                                                                                                                  Mo


No comments:

Post a Comment