Friday, July 4, 2014

A Celebration of Freedom

 
 
Its the 4th of July
 
A time for fun , A time for laughs, A time to spend with friends and family.
I hope everyone Is enjoying their 4th.
 
Speaking of fun, lets see some fun 4th Colors.
 
 

 
The Photo Above Is Wet Paint
 
Do you see what's wrong? Probably not, lets explain the wet paint
 is on a sheet of glass. In order to create monotypes I print off the glass.
So when I print off the glass I will get a mirrored image.
And guess what , its backwards.
 
A few hours of frantically trying to lay in paint
as fast as I can. Its approximately 20x30 inch of paint about quarter inch thick.
So after hours of work , well days really as its all prep I ended up
with several backwards prints. Doh
 
Really a rookie mistake but was tired and on a deadline
and sometimes you get excited, tired, and do the silliest things.
These prints were to be original acrylic prints for a digital cut out.
 
Well mistakes happen. But in the end, I finished my project, and then some.
Mistakes are not always bad.  No use crying over spilled milk.
 
In the end I made some awesome digital works, some shirts and a few
nice small mono prints.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Above are Prints Photographed and Digitally Edited
 
After rotating and flipping them in a computer they look great.
Couldn't be happier.
 
Give me a few days or a week I will post the final result
of the series this was all part of.
 
 
 
Some Paint left on the glass.
 
And what did we do?
 
 
 
Check out
To see the other prints that turned out from this.
 
 
So in the end I failed to get in the show I was trying for. However
not all was lost. Because of the mistake and the failure to get in
the show. I made these......
 
 
 
 
Above Printer Ran Outta Ink But Loved the Color Change


 
 
I'm not sure if you like my shirts. But I love them.
 
 
  
 
A blow-up of the image on tee shirt that had color issues.
A one of a kind.
 
But I didn't stop there. Since I liked my new tee shirts so much
I made another one.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
So as always let me know what you think. And don't let the little
things get to you. Try hard enough and it will all turn out
in the end.
 
Don't get discouraged by a few little mistakes.
 
And Have A Fun and Safe 4th of July
 
 
                                                                                   Mo
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment