Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Bangert Island Park

 
 
Bangert Island Park is located in St. Charles, Missouri.
 In the fall of 2013, I entered a contest for paint your
county parks. I got in however due to an email fault
on my part I didn't receive notification.
 
So the piece never showed. However I thought
I could use the piece to somewhat explain
the process. While I don't have all of the
images anymore, I do have a few.
 
So lets start by showing you the picture I took
in the park.

 

 
 
After I took the photo I went home, put it into the computer,
a little processing, and this is what I got.
 
 
 
 
 
Then to paint it. I placed paint onto glass, then printed
the image off onto canvas. For the first set I tried
too make eight by ten prints. I don't have the first set at the moment, they
are lost in the studio. They really didn't turn out well anyway.
 
 



 
 

 
 
For my second attempt I used 16x20 inch canvases.
Again printing off glass.
 
For the final set I went to 24x36 inches. This time I put the paint
on the canvas. Then printed directly off the painting itself.
So the below picture is the plate for the third set and a painting.
 
 
 
 
 
This took a ton of paint.
I ran out of brown in less then five minutes.
Here is a detailed image to attempt to show you what it looks like up close.
 
 
 
 
  
Now to see the print. It was printed off the painting above onto
photo paper.
 
 
 
 
So apart from the first set this is almost start to finish of this project.
Let me know what you think as always.
 
                                                                                                    Mo
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment