Friday, August 15, 2014

The Arch

The Arch, Gateway To the West its called, sits in downtown Saint Louis. This is my first attempt to paint the Arch with paint. It's not my best work; it is, however, very interesting, or at least I think so.

The original is approximately eight by ten inches; it's been a while. I know the black one is on transparency and I believe the white one is paper. I have no idea where they are.  I'm not very organized.

They where digitally cleaned up using a graphics program. The reason that the one on transparency film is black is due to scanning the piece with scanner lid open. I do or have done a lot of work on write-on transparency film, because originally the idea was to use a large format printer to make Giclee prints which is a fancy word for ink jet prints, and, because its easy to store small pieces. It's much harder to store canvas pieces.

Well let's show you what we have today :-)

     Below is, I think, is on paper.

Below is a picture I took and manipulated in a computer.


Below is on transparency film.



Thanks for taking a look at my art.  As always let me know what you think.


                                                                                   Mo




No comments:

Post a Comment