Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Scrap Art

What do you do with those bits you have left over or made in the process of making an art piece? Well I try to use them as much as I can; save as much material as possible. And every now and then I find bits of scraps, offcuts, or things made in the process of making another art piece laying around my studio. Today I have a few examples.

The piece below is a cut-off I got from trimming a piece to fit in a frame. Its tiny but is so cool. The texture, the look, and the size, all interesting. This image was scanned, and due to the fact it's not flat, has a few specks of white here and there that are not on the original. I did try to clean them up the best I could without destroying the clarity of the piece. It measures approximately 2.38 x 6.78 inches. I cannot wait to see what it looks like after it's matted and framed. As many of my pieces it is yet to be titled.



With my art work its very hard to get a clear picture of what it really looks like without seeing it
in person.  So much detail is lost in the scanning or photography due to the texture and the very minute subtle changes in the pieces. They are such intricate small details with subtle color changes, its hard to get a perspective of what they look like without having the original.

Below is another cut-off, probably off the same art project as above. Again, due to the scanner picking up small dots or tiny bits of dust, it seems to have a lot of white specks but in the original most don't exist. It's just the way the scanner sees it. But scanning it allows for a lot of detail that may otherwise be missed by the camera. It is approximately 2.66 x 10.31.



Below is a piece I found laying around; no idea when I did it or
what I was thinking, or why I made it. Its approximately 4 x 13.5.



As always, let me know what you think.


Check me out on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BadmoArts

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog and look at my art work.

                                                                                                               Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment