Friday, February 17, 2017

Take Two



I took a few minutes today to try the Valentine's picture again. I though I would go ahead and post
the origin piece I made last year. I would of preferred too  made a completely new one if I was feeling better. It just didn't happen. As I play with the software I will most likely use a few older images and re-edit them. Its a faster way to learn then to start from scratch. I have learned a lot of things seem simple and for the most part they are. Take the pens I was working on for Xmas. Its seems simple, in fact its not very hard at all. It takes forever, much longer then anyone would think it should take. Each pen takes hours to make and yet they are very simple. The same goes for art. Its not all that hard to do. It takes a lot of time, an enormous amount of energy. Feeling quite a bit down, a bit under the weather, making new art at the moment is a lot harder for me at this time. The dogs where new art from old pictures. It took me longer to find them pictures then it would of to go take new pictures. Being a complicated artist a lot of time goes into making a piece, details often others don't see.




The Original Piece from last Year 



While it seems fairly simple and really it is. This piece of art started as a crazy picture of
me, taken with a web cam. I had just gotten out of the shower and messed up my hair.
When I took the picture I had no idea what I would do with it.
I just though I looked silly. Wanting to see what I could come up with for a
self portrait using this image I started in creating.

I have no idea how many software programs where used. Most likely a few.
I can say it took at least a day, maybe two or three. In the process I tried  new
things, learned new stuff. All and all it was a good experience.

I like to experiment with art. They say a picture is a thousand words,
that a good thing because I'm no writer. I don't know if that is true.
I do know you can take one image and make a thousand pieces
of art. Or one idea for that matter.

Keeping with the heart theme, I remade the remake of the image I posted on Valentine's Day.
I think it came out a lot closer to the original, I will let you be
the judge.


The Remake Take Two in Hearts 




I think this one looks much better myself. I for the most part achieved
my goal. Its fairly close to the Original but slightly different, composed
of hearts. While not as good as the Fat Dog picture, I think it
came out great. Is it done ? I'm not sure, is anything ever really
done. Maybe it will get revisited in a year or two.

I do want to thank everyone that took a few minute's out of there
day to take a look at my blog.

As always Love it Hate it let me know. Questions and
comments are always welcome.

                                                                            Mo
 


2 comments:

  1. Note for Badmoarts.blog

    It's always interesting to see what others come up with. I never would have thought to layer the photos. It's different and it works. And some people will love it, others may not. But it's something you made. I agree with what you said in the previous post, you don't have to love everything you create. I think you should have a range, because knowing what you don't like helps narrow down what you do. On a similar tangent, love, like, or hate...isn't that the purpose with your or anyone's art? Meaning, every artist no matter the medium creates what they feel. It's also a learning process finding your way. Life is in constant motion, things change. Hearts get broken, frequently we are pushed to the breaking point, at times our natural talents go into stasis. Sometimes we'll create something we hate, or later look back and hate because of the emotions that are evoked from that low point. It's also during those low points it's nice to look back and see, good or bad, where you've been. It, at least for me, can help ground us so I can say "This sucks, now what am I gonna do about it?". Art, for us creatives, is a visual journal of our journey through life and the different chapters along the way. It can show our joy, our hurt & anger, our love, and help us find our strength to get back up and start on a new path when the old one has run its course. Idk, I guess that's my opinion anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This piece for me was more of a learning moment. Practice so to say. I'm not sure if I like it or not, as long as someone does that's what counts. I made the original last march or February when things started to go south for me. While I often don't say how I'm feeling I did try to communicate to other though my art. I think the next post really describes how I feel. This piece was to show the many different facets of my love and my heart. At the time I had a great amount love for everyone in my life at the time. Always trying to see the good in other people and giving them the benefit of the doubt when others did things I wasn't fond of. Sometime around this point was my boiling point as everything that was going on was a bit too much. Sure I probably should of handled it better. Emotions where running high and, as we all know we can't control emotion. I may have blown up a bit, that's not really like me. I'm normally very easy going. I guess everything got to me a bit. The people I trusted let me down. Its just hurts when you trust people and try to do your best for them and they let you down. So at the time I was trying to put my energy into art and being creative. As time went on and things got worse. One person telling me one thing and another telling me something else. I got fed up not only with the people involved. But really everyone. Figuring if I can't trust friends I had for 20 years who can you trust. Around June I had stopped doing most art altogether. By August I had stop most hobbies. Lost interest in most things. It seems some people no matter how hard you try just to be nice, will take the what every you do and turn it around. No matter how nice and kind you are trying to be, they will find a reason to be mad at you. I'm sure I will recover for all of stress and drama. It will just take awhile before I'm back to my carefree self. Thank you for the encouraging words. Hope you have a great day :-)

      Delete